Production and implementation of an Ecological Mitigation Plan and Code for Sustainable Homes Assessment for a residential development in Cornwall.
Richard Green Ecology has worked on many projects where badgers have been an issue. We have designed badger mitigation and obtained licences for sett closures and live digs of badger setts, including:
- for damage to Castle Hill Scheduled Monument, Widworthy, between Honiton and Axminster, providing an alternative sett constructed of timber chambers and plastic pipe tunnels;
- for roads undermined by badgers, including Payhembury, near Cullompton and Hawkchurch, near Chard; and
- for residential and commercial developments, including in Bath and the West Midlands.
We have undertaken badger survey and advised on badger mitigation for projects in Barnstaple, Bath, Bodmin, Bridgwater, Bristol, Falmouth, Exeter, Exmouth, Hayle, Holsworthy, Launceston, Okehampton, Minehead, Newquay, Newton Abbot, Plymouth, South Molton, Taunton, Tiverton, Truro, Wareham, Weston-super-Mare, Yeovil, and many other locations in the Southwest and further afield.
We also run introductory and advanced level training courses on badger ecology, survey, mitigation and licensing. Please see our training page for more information.
Richard Green Ecology is an established independent consultancy based in Exeter. We are customer focussed and provide expert advice and services to achieve our clients’ objectives, whilst complying with planning policy and wildlife legislation.
We take a proportionate and innovative approach to provide cost-effective solutions, following best practice and British Standard BS 42020:2013 Biodiversity – Code of practice for planning and development.
- Full CIEEM members and bound by a professional code of conduct.
- Highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team of suitably qualified ecologists.
- Natural England & Natural Resources Wales licensed and fully insured.
- CSCS, Confined Space, Tree Climbing & Aerial Rescue, First Aid trained.