PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR RICHARD GREEN ECOLOGY LTD
Richard Green Ecology Ltd (“RGE”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on the RGE website, speak to a member of staff, email us or otherwise interact with RGE.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES RGE COLLECT?
RGE collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about yourself and the company you work for (if applicable), when you contact us, when you request a quote for our services and when you commission us to work on your project or provide you with other services. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about RGE.
- Transaction, billing and project information, if you purchase our services.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g., if you send email feedback to us, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
- If you respond to one of our customer surveys.
- If you interact with one of our staff, for example at a conference, training event or customer premises.
- We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
HOW DOES RGE USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Depending on how you interact with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your account with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to RGE.
- To improve and maintain RGE’s website and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g., we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have purchased our services, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of RGE and you or your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in RGE’s legitimate interests as a service provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to provide you with relevant products and offers.
WITH WHOM DOES RGE SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We never have and never will sell your details to any third party, however, RGE needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimisation), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: We may share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
RGE may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of RGE, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
WHERE DOES RGE STORE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND HOW LONG FOR?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have purchased our services, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and insurance purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a service) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. For more information about the duration of cookies please refer to the cookie section below.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it/destroy it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
WHAT DOES RGE DO TO PROTECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
RGE always aims to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers.
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as project and account details, we use the following security methods:
- All electronic data is kept on a secure private network.
- Any hard copies of data are kept in a secure locked office.
- Your account information is password-protected so that only authorised staff have access to this personal information.
HOW DOES RGE USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING?
RGE may send you emails, call or text you regarding our services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you.
It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, your purchase activity and any previous communication.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
- Unsubscribe from emails by replying to the email and asking to unsubscribe
- Email us at:
- Write to us at: Richard Green Ecology Ltd, 9C Mill Park, White Cross Road, Woodbury Salterton, EX5 1EL
- Call us on 01395 239234
HOW CAN I ACCESS, UPDATE, CORRECT OR DELETE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you have a query regarding your personal information, please contact us using the details above. Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and RGE will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer’s hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please see below for options of how to get in touch.
Richard Green Ecology Ltd
9C Mill Park
White Cross Road
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.