Now is the time to book any winter surveys, to avoid delays to your project.
- Preliminary bat roost assessment of trees should be undertaken when there are no leaves to obscure views.
- Potential bat hibernacula should be surveyed by inspection and using static bat detectors.
- Wintering bird surveys are underway, including cirl bunting, which require two visits either side of Christmas.
- Badger setts within thick bramble scrub are more visible when leaves have fallen.
- Extended Phase I habitat surveys and preliminary bat roost inspections can also be undertaken in the winter.